Saturday, November 5, 2011

Barbie Party Favors: Fabric Headbands

My strips are 2.5" x 45" across
I saw this cute Barbie licensed fabric on the internet one night and thought some headbands would make cute party favors. I ordered a yard of fabric from amazon.

1. Cut 2.5" strips across fabric from selvage to selvage.
2. Sew 2 pieces together on wrong side, fronts facing. Make seams 1/4.
Option: You could cut 1 strip  of 5" x 45" instead of two 2.5" x 45", fold it in half and only make one seam.


Turning tool attaches to inside of tube and helps push fabric inside out.

3. Iron the seams open. Then, iron the tubes so that the fabric is flat, with seams on edge.
Opening the seams with iron makes it easier to iron it flat.
Iron flat with seams on edge.

 4. Cut tubes into three 14" strips. Cut elastic in 6"- 6.5" strips. (I used 6" of fairly tight elastic for my group of 7 year old girls. I'd make it a tad longer for older girls).
6" elastic strips
cut 45" tubes into 14" 
5. Fold in edges of tube (about .25")  and sew elastic to each end.
6. Fold over ends, in to each other and stitch closed.

 7. The final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment